I hate when people ruin the effect of a perfectly good quote by misquoting.
There is this guy I ride the train with every day, Sunday through Thursday, to and from work. He’s a visual mix of 2 former crushes and he has hearing aids which for some reason intensifies his adorableness. (No, he was not involved in the hearing impared drug deal I saw on the bus today)
Anyhow, I get on the bus tonight and he is wearing fucking Uggs. Now he is dead to me.
So if you have been trying to get me to stop noticing you, and you are a boy, let me see you in a pair of Uggs.
- A Mac app or feature of iTunes that allows me to sort my iPhone icon pages on my Mac instead of dragging them with my finger on my phone.
- A widget for customers that would allow them to book appointments without having to log into their membership portal. If this could happen, it would make my existance even happier. Thank you.
- Since there is gps built into most of the buses, it would be nice if when one was a few minutes away from a stop, a light would flash. This way I’d know if it was worth waiting around for a bus or just walk to the train.
- There is this creepy nook like thing in the wall of the antique store I pass on the way to the train. Every morning, as I walk past it half asleep, I think there is someone crouched in there ready to jump out at me.
- I am enraged at people who take up the whole sidewalk and then get pussy when I wedge my way past them. Sorry bitches, it’s cold out and I have places to be. - why does this short lady in front of me in the pink fur coat and Hello Kitty bedazzled ballcap smell like spoiled milk?
- Does the guy who hands me my paper every morning at the train station ever wonder what jobs we are all going to? Does he enjoy distributing papers?
- 27 below zero is too cold. You don’t need to learn about email or photo editing that bad. Fucking nuts.
The problem with watching a movie or a TV show that takes place in California is that about half way through you realize they are going out on weekdays on a whim in jeans and t-shirts and you are inside because it is 12 degrees below zero out.
Yet, I love Chicago and there are few places I’d rather be.
Apple Computer Inc., the Silicon Valley company that defined inventiveness and creativity in the personal computer industry, is engaged in an unfamiliar round of soul searching. Can the computer maker, both employees and supporters wonder, prove that it is still capable of innovation?
New York Times, Aug 10, 1990
I just did a mock run in Turbo Tax for my 2008 return, and unless Mr. W. Two has some different numbers than what I projected, it looks like I will be sending off a big old check to Uncle Sam this year. Damn those raises and their higher tax brackets!
When Quicken does a scan of your checking account for items that occur on a regular basis to flag them as potential bills, having “Potbelly Sandwich Works” show up on the list means you have a problem.
So, I consider myself relatively well travelled for my age. I have been to a few countries, most of which do not use English as their primary language. In Germany, for example, they call their country “Deutschland.” They have a few cities called “Köln” and “München” that in English are known as “Cologne” and “Munich.”
If I were to tell someone I had just come back from my vacation, and they asked where I had gone, I would not reply “Wien, Österreich,” I would say “Vienna, Austria.” - because I am not an obnoxious ass.
People who pull this kind of shit are as annoying to me as the fucking pretentious “cheque” and “colour” when you are in and from the United States. Drop dead.
Websites that have a mobile version for phones and such with no option to view the real site in lieu of the stripped down version.
I used to think that driving in Virginia would be the death of me. Now I’m convinced it’s the suburbs of Chicago. I will gradually go insane, slip into a vegetative state and die.
Please work faster, construction types. I need my store in the city :)
Happy New Year to you as well! Your trip sounds fabulous and we’re so happy you are enjoying it. Everyone here is just fine. Your brother leaves tomorrow night for Brazil via Chicago and Miami. For a few days you’ll be in South America together! I start back to school Monday, so I will REALLY enjoy seeing your pictures of beautiful Portugal. Stay safe and healthy.
Is it possible to be corrected incorrectly? I was trying to say “constantly” not “consistently.” ;)
Although thanks to Ian I suspect we’ll be getting better. ;)
I never misspell words.
Does anyone else have words they go out of their way to avoid typing because you consistanly misspell them?
Two of mine are “restaurant” and “apparently.”