Certain chord progressions make me super happy. The last 23 bars of the Menuet from Claude Debussy’s Suite Bergamasque are better than sex.
In order for me to catch the 7:15 train to get to the right bus connection to get to work by 8 I have to be up and in the shower by 6:30, 6:40 at the latest. Last night I went out and had a few drinks, was in bed by midnight, but woke up dog-tired. It wasn’t until I was halfway done with my shower that I realized I don’t have to be at work until 10 today.
“He held the Presidency of Mexico 11 different times between 1833 and 1855.”
The correct response: “Who is Santa Anna?”
Jason’s gay response: “Who is Sancho Panza?”
Please send some good vibes my way to do well on my test!
God bless student loans.
Because I paid $434 in interest on a federal student loan last year, my numbers are now in the black and I don’t owe on my tax return this year!
I think my dry cleaner has been wearing my clothes!
I hate when people ruin the effect of a perfectly good quote by misquoting.
There is this guy I ride the train with every day, Sunday through Thursday, to and from work. He’s a visual mix of 2 former crushes and he has hearing aids which for some reason intensifies his adorableness. (No, he was not involved in the hearing impared drug deal I saw on the bus today)
Anyhow, I get on the bus tonight and he is wearing fucking Uggs. Now he is dead to me.
So if you have been trying to get me to stop noticing you, and you are a boy, let me see you in a pair of Uggs.
- A Mac app or feature of iTunes that allows me to sort my iPhone icon pages on my Mac instead of dragging them with my finger on my phone.
- A widget for customers that would allow them to book appointments without having to log into their membership portal. If this could happen, it would make my existance even happier. Thank you.
- Since there is gps built into most of the buses, it would be nice if when one was a few minutes away from a stop, a light would flash. This way I’d know if it was worth waiting around for a bus or just walk to the train.
- There is this creepy nook like thing in the wall of the antique store I pass on the way to the train. Every morning, as I walk past it half asleep, I think there is someone crouched in there ready to jump out at me.
- I am enraged at people who take up the whole sidewalk and then get pussy when I wedge my way past them. Sorry bitches, it’s cold out and I have places to be. - why does this short lady in front of me in the pink fur coat and Hello Kitty bedazzled ballcap smell like spoiled milk?
- Does the guy who hands me my paper every morning at the train station ever wonder what jobs we are all going to? Does he enjoy distributing papers?
- 27 below zero is too cold. You don’t need to learn about email or photo editing that bad. Fucking nuts.
The problem with watching a movie or a TV show that takes place in California is that about half way through you realize they are going out on weekdays on a whim in jeans and t-shirts and you are inside because it is 12 degrees below zero out.
Yet, I love Chicago and there are few places I’d rather be.
Apple Computer Inc., the Silicon Valley company that defined inventiveness and creativity in the personal computer industry, is engaged in an unfamiliar round of soul searching. Can the computer maker, both employees and supporters wonder, prove that it is still capable of innovation?
New York Times, Aug 10, 1990
I just did a mock run in Turbo Tax for my 2008 return, and unless Mr. W. Two has some different numbers than what I projected, it looks like I will be sending off a big old check to Uncle Sam this year. Damn those raises and their higher tax brackets!